Michelle has been with Children’s World for 15 years. She has been involved in every aspect of the classroom both during the school year and the summer program. For 12 years she served as Head Teacher and Site Director at the Garfield Street location. She also is Co-owner of Children’s World. Michelle prepares school curriculum while identifying the social, emotional and educational needs of the children. She is also responsible for staff supervision and training and for administration work related to running the school as a business.
Before coming to Children’s World Michelle worked at Wellsville Montessori School in Wellsville, New York as an assistant teacher. She was responsible for designing lessons and crafts, opening the school, preparing food and cleaning. Michelle also served as a Site Director in Allegany County, NY, for the Neighborhood Alliance creating and supervising staff and volunteers. While working there Michelle created, organized and implemented after-school and school time activities and events for grades K-12 in the Friendship Central School District. Michelle has also worked for the Allegany County, NY public school district as a Substitute Teacher and a Substitute Special Education Teacher. During this time she implemented lesson plans, provided personal instruction, created daily activity progress reports and student behavior reports at several county schools.
In addition to her varied experience involving work with children, Michelle also has been the Office Manager and Property Manager at Jackson Hot Springs in Ashland. From 1992-1994 she was an Independent Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA and in Shasta County, CA. She did residential and commercial renovations: drywall installation, plastering, interior and exterior painting, detailing, demolition, finish carpentry, masonry, roofing and landscaping.
Michelle graduated Cum Laude, 1993, from the University of Pittsburgh with a Major in Psychology and a Minor in Anthropology. She is a Certified Montessori Early Childhood Montessori Teacher and received her credential through the San Francisco Bay Area Montessori Teacher Education Center in 2003.
Professional development and training includes:
- Yearly O.A.E.Y.C. Early Childhood conferences held in Oregon
- Annual J.A.E.Y.C. Early Childhood conferences held in Jackson County
- Northwest Montessori Conference, Eugene, OR., 2003 & 2000
- Bay Area Montessori Conference, 1999
- Certificate of Training, SOWAC Business and Lending Center, for Successful Completion of Marketing Roundtable, Medford, OR., 2002 and SOWAC Business Training Program
- C.P.R. and First Aid Trainings/ Recognizing Child Abuse & Neglect Training
- She continues to fulfill and exceed the annual continuing education requirements with courses in parenting, art, gardening, yoga, challenging behaviors and more.
Michelle’s personal interests and hobbies include gardening, baking/cooking, hiking, music, art and reading.